Sunday, January 27, 2013

face-up materials!

Why hello everyone! I've gone about making silly decisions with my money before, but hopefully this is one that I won't be regretting. I've been playing around in the realm of Monster High repaints for a little over a month now, and I'm only just realizing how limited I am in materials. I don't even have acrylics aside from this old bottle of black paint from when I used to take art classes! I painted the eyes with pastels mixed with water, and it somehow miraculously worked out alright. If you've seen the Draculaura and Lagoona Blue(s) floating around my tumblr, you'll know what I mean.


I need a better lens. Seriously. Anyway, the reason why I picked up Monster High repaints is because I'm aiming to do BJD face-ups someday. Today I've decided to get myself a full set of proper face-up materials, including thinner brushes, ZM UV Cut, and Tamiya acrylics. The grand total comes to roughly $43 USD including shipping to my school, but I hope it's worth it! I'm going to have so much fun trying to figure out how thin I'll need to dilute my paint for eyelashes...

I've reserved a spot for my future face-up shop already. Prices and policies are up, but it's probably going to take at least half a year before I decide my skills are good enough to open. When it does open though, I'll start by taking Monster High customs first. I'll probably open up some free BJD face-up slots to build my portfolio later, but that's a long way down the road.

❤ muramin

0 comments:

Post a Comment